Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The winner - Angsty Poet Laureate!

There was anger. There were tears. There was smack-talk on Twitter. Now there's the winner.


BUT FIRST, let me present MY Angsty Poem.



I wrote this in 2000. I was 18. I could see it being a song. A very angry song.



It's called, 'All's well that ends well.'

Hell doesn't exist, and if it did
It still wouldn't want MY suicide
My lover is missed
He makes no bid
To salvage the remainder of my pride.
Do you appreciate your punishment?
Of having me stay by your side.
Can't alleviate my banishment
You never even fucking tried.
All is perfect, all is well
All's fantastic
Burn in hell
I'm all that's left
A fucking shell
All is well that ended well.



So. Yeah. AWKWARD! Hope you enjoyed that. ;) I'm sure you're itching to know who the winner is - that is, if you haven't cheated, and scrolled down to see who won.



The winner of the first annual Feaky Snucker's Angsty Poem Contest, is...


 Rebecca Mckeown



YAY! Congratulations! You win the $50 Thinkgeek gift certificate! Put your email addy in the comments section, and I'll get that code to you immediately.


But wait - there's more!

There's always fine print. And fine print usually bends you over and leaks unpleasantness all over you. NOT THIS TIME!



There will be ANOTHER vote. Fan's choice. Comment in the comments section of THIS post with the name of the entrant you want to win the Fan's Choice prize!


YOU get to decide who gets a $25 Thinkgeek giftcard! YAY!


Pimp yourself out on twitter or wherever you want. Voting for yourself is tacky, but allowed. ;)

Voting ends, and winner of the runner up prize will be announced on Saturday.

Go! Vote! Win!

And I'll see you later.

3 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHH!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED! I'm putting "Angsty Poet Laureate" on my resume. You may think I'm joking. I'm not. Annnyywaayy, my email is mckeownrl@gmail.com. Thank youuu!

    ReplyDelete