Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Born to run

Sometimes I feel like I need to run. And I'll sit and think to myself, 'where are you going to run to? Besides, it's raining out.' And I nod, blank expression on my face framing my eyes wild with dreams. Because I'm right. I realize where it is I want to run. I want to run back in time. I want to run until I'm the girl I was, with too much time on my hands, and the confidence to do what I'm not doing now. The confidence to Be who I Am. To be who I am when no one's looking. To be who I am WHEN everyone's looking. I miss her so much. She'd know just what to say to me. SHE'D know what to do. But a thousand 'might-have-beens' later, here I am. I'm the version of her that reigned victorious. Yet there is no victory. What's the first step in a race from myself? What's the first stride in a race toward my old self?

2 comments:

  1. I would recommend spending some time watching Bruce Springsteen youtube vides from the 70s...especially some 78 concerts when he was raw, unbridled passion energy and soul and was rock and roll in its purest form. That was a guy born to run when he was running for his life

    AT in T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This really resonated with me. I've felt that way so often, especially lately. I was a really goofy, fearless kid. I miss being that girl, and I'm trying to figure out how to get back to that place.

    ReplyDelete